Agroforestry – an agroecological pathway to SDG2 – Event during CFS 46
Agroforestry Network and some of its partners is organising a side-event during this years CFS plenary. During the event a multi-stakeholder panel will discuss opportunities, but also challenges, of scaling up agroforestry. The discussion will be based on the HLPE-report Agroecological and other innovative approaches for sustainable agriculture and food systems that enhance food security and nutrition.
CFS46 is an annual plenary organised by the Committee on World Food Security (CFS). CFS is an intergovernmental platform in the United Nations system that aims to include and coordinate all stakeholders working for food security and nutrition issues. The annual plenary session is central in the work of CFS and assembles hundreds of key stakeholders working with food security issues on a global level.
Thursday, October 17, 13:00 – 14:30, FAO HQ
Lebanon Room D209, 2nd Floor.
Introduction: Vincent Gitz, Director, CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA)
- Maria Elena Rojas, Vice-Minister of Agriculture and Irrigation, Peru (TBC)
- Per Callenberg, State Secretary for the Minister of Rural Affairs, Ministry of Enterprise and Innovation, Sweden
- Fergus Sinclair, HLPE, FTA, ICRAF
- Esther Penunia, Secretary General of AFA (Asian Farmers’ Association for Sustainable Rural Development), Philippines and Civil Society Mechanism of the CFS
- Nur Amalia, National Social Forestry Working Group, Ministry of Environment and Forestry of the Republic of Indonesia
- Tiina Vahanen, Chief, Policy and Resources Division, FAO
- Caroline Musee, Vi-agroforestry
Moderator: Maria Schultz, Agroforestry Network, Vi-agroforestry