Agroforestry and Migration
Agroforestry to support migrants and rural households!
For agroforestry to support migrants and rural households, policy- and decision-makers can contribute by making agroforestry visible and promoting agroforestry projects and policies, for instance by:
- Supporting knowledge transfer between in-migrants and local knowledge holders.
- Supporting incentives to invest in long and short-term agroforestry practices that are culturally,gender and migrant sensitive.
- Creating support for agroforestry investments through remittances and rural credit systems.
- Creating incentives for land-tenure insecure in-migrating households to invest in agroforestry practices.
- Supporting in-migrant’s access to markets for agroforestry produce.